Scenic helicopter flight onto the Tasman glacier for an epic skiing adventure.
Ski on NZ's 2 longest ski runs - 8 to 10kms long.
- 3 scenic flights with snow landings.
- Professional mountain guide services
- A generous picnic lunch on the snow
- Safety equipment, including avalanche transceivers
- Free return airport transfers from accommodation in Mount Cook (if required)
The highlight of your New Zealand ski holiday!
Ski The Tasman is a classic Kiwi skiing adventure operated by Alpine Guides (Aoraki) Ltd – New Zealand’s longest established mountain guiding company. We have been based in Mount Cook since 1966.
Every fine day, our expert qualified guides will take small groups of adventurous skiers on to the white vastness of the Tasman Glacier. Landing at 2.500 metres for the first of 2 breathtaking ski runs – 8 to 10 kilometres long.
New Zealand’s longest glacier, at 27km, the Tasman offers an incredible back-country ski experience, for skiers of almost all ability levels.
will ski amongst glacial seracs, ice caves, and fantastic natural ice sculptures beneath the amazing backdrop of New Zealand’s highest peaks.
Get ready! Here’s what you should know
- Allow approximately 5-hours duration for the whole experience.
- Departs and returns from Mount Cook Airport.
Departure Times and check in
Check In closes 60 minutes prior to departure time.
Please call 24 hours prior to departure on +64 3 435 1834 to reconfirm.
Check-in upstairs in Mount Cook Airport.
Your flight is subject to favourable weather conditions; if cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
We recommend booking your flights early in your trip with flexibility for weather changes. We don’t want you to miss out!
Confirmation will be received within 48-hours of booking, subject to availability.
All flights have a minimum passenger number for departures. We do our best to coordinate the required minimum.
Moderate fitness and hiking ability required.
iPads or selfie sticks are not allowed on board for safety.
What to bring
- Warm ski area clothing (colder at higher altitudes), ski area quality goggles or sunglasses, plenty of sunscreen, camera.
- A small backpack is useful for water, or an extra pair of gloves.
- Should you fail to check-in on time, or notify us of changes less than 24-hours prior to departure, your credit card will be debited with the total amount of the booked activity.
Adult (17yrs & over) $749.00
Child (10 - 16 yrs) $749.00
- $749 per person for July
- $849 per person for August & September
- $749 per person for October