- Scenic helicopter flight for an epic high country hiking adventure.
- A unique walk throughout the privately owned Glentanner Station.
- Spectacular views of Lake Pukaki, the Tasman River Valley and Aoraki / Mount Cook.
- Knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- Helicopter flight to a landing point high on private Glentanner Station land.
- Access to private land, historic huts and other features otherwise closed to the public.
- Walking poles provided, or bring your own if preferred.
- Morning or afternoon tea break with food and drink provided.
Travel somewhere new in the Aoraki / Mount Cook region, away from the familiar tourist route. This guided tour grants exclusive access to private land on family-owned Glentanner Station, one of Aotearoa New Zealand’s most historic and iconic stations in one of the country’s most magnificent settings.
The experience has been designed with Kiwis in mind. It’s a journey back through time to the rough and rugged early days of high country farming, and further, to the ancient past when glaciers carved the land to form the spectacular Mackenzie Country.
The tour begins with an exhilarating helicopter flight to a high point on Glentanner Station. Take in dramatic views of Lake Pukaki, the Tasman River Valley and Aoraki / Mount Cook towering over the landscape in the distance.
From the landing site, the tour continues on foot with an easy walk down a picturesque farm track. The track descends gradually along alpine tarns and beneath towering peaks. Your private guide will ensure plenty of stops for photography and will share stories of the station’s history, geological features, flora and fauna and present-day operations. The walk also includes a break at an historic private hut with a scrummy morning or afternoon tea provided.
Get ready! Here’s what you should know
- Allow approximately 3-hours duration for the whole experience.
- Departs and returns from The Helicopter Line Base, Glentanner Park Centre, State Highway 80, Mt Cook 7946.
Departure Times and check in
Check In closes 30 minutes prior to departure time.
- Please call 0800 650 651, 24-hours prior to departure for a weather check and to reconfirm your booking.
Your flight is subject to favourable weather conditions; if cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
We recommend booking your flights early in your trip with flexibility for weather changes. We don’t want you to miss out.
Confirmation will be received within 48-hours of booking, subject to availability.
Flights, landings and routes may vary due to weather and the pilot’s discretion. Flight times are approximate and include your landing.
Minimum passenger numbers apply for flights. Bookings will be coordinated to achieve this where possible.
Drones, iPads and selfie sticks are not allowed on board for safety.
Moderate fitness and hiking ability required.
What to bring
Sturdy covered shoes (snow on your toes is not nice!)
Sunglasses and sunscreen.
Your phone/camera, and a sense of adventure!
- Booking online does not charge your credit card. Credit card details are only required to guarantee your booking.
- Should you fail to check-in on time, or notify us of changes less than 24-hours prior to departure, your credit card will be debited with the total amount of the booked activity.
15yrs & over
(4 - 14yrs)
- Children must accompany a paying adult.
- Infants (Under 4 years and under 15kgs) are required to sit on an adults knee. Infants over 15kgs will require their own seat.
- Price is per person.
- Minimum numbers apply for flights. Bookings will be coordinated to achieve this where possible.
- For bookings on the day, please call the office to confirm availability.
- Current prices are valid to 30th Sept 2024.